The House Will Vote on Health Care Bill Tonight.
November 7, 2009 1 Comment
Tonight, the US House of Representatives will vote on a bill, that if approved by both Houses of Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama, would mean a major takeover of 1/6 of the American economy by the government.
The bill proposes a new public plan, that would compete with private insurance in what the Democrats call “national health insurance exchange.” Even though the bill itself doesn’t propose a single-payer system, many independent experts argue that this bill would “evolutionate” towards a single-payer system.
I am asking you to join me on contacting our congresspeople. You still have time! Fax them, call them, e-mail them, or do anything, but contact them. Contact the Representative that represents your district, but also, if you can, try to fax or phone Blue dogs, if the democrats don’t have their votes, the bill is dead…
Here are some things you can include in your fax, letter, e-mail, etc., that if you have a little common sense you probably oppose 🙂
- Lower payments to physicians.
- Less quality of care. Less investments by the private sector to introduce new technologies.
- Shortage of doctors, since there would be little economic incentives, and less talented people would want to study so hard and make huge sacrifices for little money. Less doctors also mean less medical research and less medical progress.
- 400 billion cuts in Medicare
- Tax increases FOR EVERYBODY.
- The end of Medicare Advantage Plan. (You can check out a blog post I wrote some time ago on that, go to my blog’s archives)
- A fine and/or jail time to all those who don’t have health insurance.
- This bill is a complete assault on our freedom.
- 40% tax on medical premiums.
- Medical device like pacemakers, heart valves, artificial limbs, hip replacements, etc., will all be taxed.
Make your voice heard!!!!