FACTS about the health care bill.
August 15, 2009 Leave a comment
- Many people will lose their current health plans even though they like it. Obama said that if you like your plan you can keep it, but private research firms and think tanks estimate 88.1 million people will lose their current employer-sponsored insurance.
- Yes, a government guy will make choices: those choices that should be done by a physician. Here’s one Obama’s quote: “They’re going to have to give up paying things that don’t make them healthier. … If there’s a blue pill and a red pill, and the blue pill is half the price… and works just as well, why not pay half for the thing that is going to make you well.” I took the ahhh, and the uhh out of the quote, of course. Sounds like they won’t let docs make choices that free.
- Single payer-system. Yes, like in Canada, and last time I checked Canadians weren’t happy at all with it. Here’s what Obama said back in 2003: “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer system.” I think that says it all.
- How will they pay for it??? They don’t know. But I think it’s pretty obvious they can’t afford that spending. The Lewin Group estimates 100 million people will sign up for the public option.
- Lawmakers didn’t read it. They don’t know what they are supporting. That is really scaring.