The week in numbers
August 7, 2009 Leave a comment
- $21.4. Is the amount of money local and state governments spent on lobbyists between April and June this year lobbying for stimulus funds.
- 2 billion. Is the amount of money the House wants to spend on extending the “Cash for Clunkers” program.
- 54% of Americans oppose any further congressional funding for the program “cash for clunkers.”
- Americans oppose Obamacare by a 44% to 38% margin according to a Pew poll. Among those Americans who say they know a lot about the bill, opposition rises to 56%.
- Seniors are the most opposed to Obamacare.
- The nation’s largest general-construction industry trade association, the Associated General Contractors of America, announced that President’s Obama $787 billion stimulus plan is having little effect on job creation. Yet, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are pushing for another $88 billion stimulus package.