Cap and Tax.
August 4, 2009 Leave a comment
President Obama said during his prime time news conference last 23rd July:
“We’ve been slow to invest in clean energy technologies that have created new jobs and industries in other countries.”
Please, Barry, please.
Let’s check some facts:
This is what happened in those “other countries.” Here’s the example of Spain, which has created plenty of jobs… (yeah, sure, right…)
- Only one out of ten green jobs is permanent.
- When one green job is created, 2.2 normal jobs are lost.
Let’s face it. Cap and Trade is a jobs-destroying bill; and IT WON’T SAVE THE WORLD.
What is Cap and Trade?
- A massive energy tax.
- A 1200 pages bill that any congressperson actually read before passing it.
- It will cost you a lot more than a stamp a day. In the Heritage’s Foundation economic analysis of the bill, the GDP loss in 2020 was $161 billion. For a family of four, that means $1870.
- It won’t save the world.
- And it will actually mean less renewbale energy.
So… what is this bill really about???
Federal control of our lives. For example, if you want to sell your house, someone from the government is going to check if it is green enough.
Not what we deserve…
This is the United States of America, not Europe. We are for real freedom. The bill is going to move to the Senate this fall. We can still stop this and save the country we love.