White House unveils 100m in spending cuts.
July 29, 2009 Leave a comment
What can we say about that? Oh, I know. Obama became a true fiscal conservative.
I’m just kidding. These guys’ spending is out of control and they are only saving 100 million?!
That is embarrasing.
I am sure they suffered doing these cuts:
- The Justice Department discovered a paper has two sides (wow!) and they decided to print on those two sides. (I’m crying. Those are heroes!)
- They decided to make travel arrangements on-line. (Only people in the world that still use travel agencies)
- The forest service will no longer repaint its new white vehicles green immediately upon purchase. (My true heroes!)
- The Department of Homeland Security will start getting its news on-line free, rather than renew its subscriptions. (I need a handkerchief!)
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency is going to save $3.8 million by refurbishing and reusing or selling its emergency trailers — like the ones provided to people displaced by hurricanes — instead of ditching them.
I am proud of them. 100 million are 0.006% of the estimated federal deficit. We are saved.